Sunday, December 28, 2008

27 Things for My 27th Year

So I've come up with a list of things to do this year that I've never done before. (I turned 27 on December 12th.) I will post updates as they are accomplished and pictures sometimes. If you'd like to join me in any of these things let me know. I have no set schedule for any of them (except numbers 1 and 16, and I guess number 16).

1. GRADUATE from Library School
2. Read “To Kill a Mockingbird”
3. Visit the Newseum
4. Take a trip somewhere I’ve never been before
5. Take a creative class (pottery, cooking, etc.)
6. Train for a half marathon
7. Read (or listen to) Anna Karenina
8. Visit the Capitol Visitor’s Center (Done)
9. Hike Old Rag
10. Whale Watch
11. See the Supreme Court in session
12. Pansy Skydiving (Vertical Wind Tunnel)
13. Go to the National Arboretum
14. See a show on Broadway
15. Take the water taxi to Georgetown
16. Attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
17. Sample a new ethnic food
18. Hike 3 miles on the Appalachian Trail
19. See an Opera
20. Visit the National Geographic Society
21. Go to Washington’s Grist Mill
22. Tour the DAR
23. Attend a professional soccer game
24. Play laser tag or paintball
25. Write a short story
26. Polar Bear Plunge
27. Is a secret

2 comments:

Nancy Roche said...

This is a brilliant and ambitious idea. You'll have to announce once you've finished #1!

M. said...

Done! I just read yours, we have a few in common. Also, I was just thinking that I can't wait for soccer games to start. I'll go with you ANY time. love them!