Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finished!

Thing Number 3 was to see the Newseum. I went early Saturday morning on my own. I had the place practically to myself. It is such an amazing building and space, really well thought out. I was a little overwhelmed by some of the exhibits - the orientation video ("What is News?"), the Pulitzer Prize photos, and the 9/11 section. There was so much information in every display. My favorite was the News Corps. News History Gallery: front pages from newspapers since 1450s in displays that pull out like drawers, artifacts, videos on numerous topics, and interactive displays.

Thing Number 6 was to train for a half marathon. I joined the gym at work in June and went faithfully for several weeks after meeting with the trainer. I had an injury in August that made it difficult to run. So I've been running sporadically since. So while I'm not completely ready to run a half marathon, my intention is still the same.

Thing Number 25 was to write a short story. This is done! I'm really excited about it; it was really fun to write. If you would like to read it let me know and I'll send it to you.

As a PS, Thing Number 27, in case you're keeping track, was accomplished in February.

Current Tally: Done!

I have learned a lot from accomplishing my list and have been greatly blessed (directly and indirectly) by this experience. I have learned a lot about who I am and what I like to do. I am planning a list for while I'm 28, but it won't have 28 things; that would be a lot. I will post the list soon.

2 comments:

M. said...

Congrats! :) Way to stick it through, i definitely didn't... and I think i know what 27 is!!!

Anne said...

Way to go! And Happy Birthday!