Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bow Wreath

Last week I found this bow wreath on Real Simple and wanted to try it out. Here’s how I made it:

IMG_0752

 

 

I went to the store to get the things to make it, but found they were all out of foam wreaths. So I bought a wire wreath instead.

 

 

IMG_0764

 

 

I got several bags of multi-color bows. I wanted something bright for my living room, so I got bags with bright red, green, blue, teal, and purple. I opened and sorted 3 bags of bows through the process to get the colors and sizes that I wanted. I ended up with about a bag an a half left over.

 

IMG_0755

 

 

Instead of gluing the bows to the wreath, I found that the wires were close enough together that I could work the tab through the wires and they stayed put.

 

IMG_0770

 

 

 

  I put the bows close together for a full look.

 

 

IMG_0780

 

 

 

I hung it with one of those easy release hooks and found some sparkly ribbon to tie to the top. I used some tape to stick the top of the ribbon to the wall.

4 comments:

Sara said...

It's beautiful!

Chelsea Belle said...

super-duper cute!!!!

Brittany Biliter said...

Adorable! So fun!

Tanya said...

ingenious! How fun is that? I bet your place looks super cute, Julie!! Love ya!