Friday, February 17, 2012

Dallyings

So...

(When starting a blog post, I always write "so" as if you and I are in the middle of a conversation and I want to talk about something else OR you and I have run out of things to talk about and I'm doing a mental scan of thoughts that most readily come to the surface of my brain. Usually, I delete it. But today I will leave it there.)

The past couple weeks, thoughts have been rolling around in my head. I have started posts, restarted posts, rewritten posts, questioned posts, deleted posts. I've let my husband read posts, followed by discussion about what is ok to post in this blog-o-mine. I even started a list of topics that I want to write about. Hmmm. And while I wait for words to fit together and properly express what it is I'm feeling/thinking/dreaming, other people write what I've been stuggling to say.

So...Here are some links to things I've been reading/watching/listening to that have inspired me these last couple weeks.

C. Jane Vlog: Recapping the Love Story C.Jane spent the last few posts on the 5 loves of her life. I found them heartwarming and heartbreaking. The last one she writes is about her husband and this video is an interview with him about his reaction to the series. I find their honesty joyous. It's easy to look in from the outside and thing everything is rosey especially when the only way you know a person is through their blog. The insights she learns in her first year of marriage help mine feel a little more normal.
 
On the topic of happy lives, I found My (Not So) Storybook Life: A Tale of Friendship and Faith on this blog as a giveaway (I try not to enter giveaways). It arrived last night on my doorstep via a creepy knock from the UPS guy. I opened the package and promptly read 60 pages. She cleaverly mixes her literature roll models into modern, everyday experiences with her family and friends.
 
I've struggled a little lately with the political climate of this country. Why does there have to be extremism and conflict and misunderstanding? In thinking and reading about things, I found these two posts and this talk. I will let them speak for themselves (although I might come back to Sister Beck's talk another time. She's AmAzinG!); they pretty eloquently state some things that I've been feeling.
 
On a lighter note, my next knitting project is this Grecian Rib Scarf. I can't decide if I like the look or the name more. Wish me luck with those tiny size 5 needles.
 
I also pin other things I dream about on Pinterest.
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for redirecting me to C. Jane. Her take on the first year of marriage is something I grapple with daily...and we're not quite married yet.

Your post was perfect.