Friday, September 18, 2009

Randomness

Sometimes I wish I could understand myself better. That being said, this I do know: I have come to understand that every situation is different and not to expect the same thing twice. Perhaps I'm too nice, perhaps I'm too understanding, but this is who I am and I like being me. I am dedicated and loyal and passionate and willing to give people many, many chances. I am constantly learning how to take confidence in these things. Pain and disapointment are just as important to progession as happiness is.

I am reminded of the hymns "Be Still, My Soul" and "How Firm a Foundation" because they give me peace and strength as I move forward. What specifically comes to mind is "be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake/to guide the future as he has the past/thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake/all now mysterious shall be bright at last" and "In every condition...as thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be." This simply reminds me to look at the blessings in my life, that God has a hand in my life, and that I am promised joy. What more can a girl ask for?

A few of the things I'm grateful for:

random notes/texts from friends, answered prayers, work, crying, laughing, unexpected trips, geting lost, leaves changing color, accomplishing things on my list, alone time, finding things I'm passionate about, steadfast friends

2 comments:

M. said...

a hearty amen. thanks for the post :)

Blooming Mommy said...

I love u!!