Saturday, June 6, 2009

Several Things

So it's been a little while since I update, but I've been busy accomplishing things on my list.

Thing #17 - Sample a new ethnic food

Jenny, Amy and I went to Passport DC on May 2. Several of the embassies on Embassy Row in DC open their doors to anyone. Many of the embassies have food and music and display items from their countries. It's an amazing chance to see some beautiful places and things.

We went to several embassies including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malaysia, and Uzbekistan. We bought a plate of food at the Pakistani embassy, which was delicious. As for trying new food, we had a small plate of food at the Bangladeshi embassy. It was very good, similar in taste to Indian. Then at the Malaysian embassy we tried Air Batu Campur (ABC). They were selling it for a dollar. It means shaved ice. It contained shaved ice, red beans, corn, jelly, and cherry flavored syrup. I wish I could say I enjoyed it...



Thing #1 - Graduate from Library School!!!

I graduated from Catholic University's School of Library and Information Science on May 16. It was a great day (even with the 15 mins of rain during the ceremony) with friends and family. It hits me every once and a while that I'm finished.


Matt, Nicole, Ash, Jenny, Amy, Pam, Me, and Sara


Thing #2 - Read "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Somehow I missed this classic during my public education. I absolutely love this book. It is definitely in my top 5 favorites. I adore Atticus, and loved Scout and Jem and Dill. It was so easy to get lost in the story and the language.


There's a couple more...I'll write about them soon.

2 comments:

Way More 4 Way Less said...

You amaze me! Sounds like something a pregnant lady would crave... I'm definately not pregnant! :) Love you tons! Hope you are having so much fun!

Anne said...

Thing #17 - Yum?
Thing #1 - Yeah!
Thing #2 - I think I missed reading that one, too. I'll have to put it on my reading list... =)